Code of Conduct
Umbraco Code of Conduct
We are the friendly CMS. And our friendliness stems from our values. That's why we have set for ourselves, Umbraco HQ, and the community, five values to guide us in everything we do:
- Trust - We believe in and empower people
- Respect - We treat others as we would like to be treated
- Open - We share our thoughts and knowledge
- Hungry - We want to do things better, best is next
- Friendly - We want to build long-lasting relationships
With these values in mind, we want to offer the Umbraco community a code of conduct that specifies a baseline standard of behavior so that people with different social values and communication styles can work together.
This code of conduct is based on the widely used Contributor Covenant, as described in https://www.contributor-covenant.org/
We as members, contributors, and leaders pledge to make participation in our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, visible or invisible disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
We pledge to act and interact in ways that contribute to an open, welcoming, diverse, inclusive, and healthy community.
Examples of behavior that contributes to a positive environment for our community include:
- Demonstrating empathy and kindness toward other people
- Being respectful of differing opinions, viewpoints, and experiences
- Giving and gracefully accepting constructive feedback
- Accepting responsibility and apologizing to those affected by our mistakes, and learning from the experience
- Focusing on what is best not just for us as individuals, but for the overall community
Examples of unacceptable behavior include:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery, and sexual attention or advances of any kind
- Trolling, insulting or derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others' private information, such as a physical or email address, without their explicit permission
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
Community leaders (e.g. Meetup & festival organizers, moderators, maintainers, ...) are responsible for clarifying and enforcing our standards of acceptable behavior and will take appropriate and fair corrective action in response to any behavior that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
Community leaders have the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or reject comments, commits, code, wiki edits, issues, and other contributions that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct, and will communicate reasons for moderation decisions when appropriate.
Specific enforcement steps are listed in the Code of Conduct Enforcement Guidelines document which is an appendix of this document, updated and maintained by the Code of Conduct Team.
This Code of Conduct applies within all community spaces and events supported by Umbraco HQ or using the Umbraco name. It also applies when an individual is officially representing the community in public spaces.
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior, may be reported at firstname.lastname@example.org. All complaints will be reviewed and investigated promptly and fairly.
Or alternatively, you can reach out directly to the below:
- Kim Sneum Madsen, Chief Friend Maker - email@example.com
- Emma Burstow, Director of Developer Relations - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steffie Limère Fugl, Senior Events Manager - email@example.com
The review process is done with full respect for the privacy and security of the reporter of any incident.
People with a conflict of interest should exclude themselves or if necessary be excluded by the other team members.
Community leaders will follow these Community Impact Guidelines in determining the consequences for any action they deem in violation of this Code of Conduct:
Community Impact: Use of inappropriate language or other behavior deemed unprofessional or unwelcome in the community.
Consequence: A private, written warning from community leaders, providing clarity around the nature of the violation and an explanation of why the behavior was inappropriate. A public apology may be requested.
Community Impact: A violation through a single incident or series of actions.
Consequence: A warning with consequences for continued behavior. No interaction with the people involved, including unsolicited interaction with those enforcing the Code of Conduct, for a specified period of time. This includes avoiding interactions in community spaces as well as external channels like social media. Violating these terms may lead to a temporary or permanent ban.
3. Temporary Ban
Community Impact: A serious violation of community standards, including sustained inappropriate behavior.
Consequence: A temporary ban from any sort of interaction or public communication with the community for a specified period of time. No public or private interaction with the people involved, including unsolicited interaction with those enforcing the Code of Conduct, is allowed during this period. Violating these terms may lead to a permanent ban.
4. Permanent Ban
Community Impact: Demonstrating a pattern of violation of community standards, including sustained inappropriate behavior, harassment of an individual, or aggression toward or disparagement of classes of individuals.
Consequence: A permanent ban from any sort of public interaction within the community.
This Code of Conduct is adapted from the Contributor Covenant, version 2.0, available at https://www.contributor-covenant.org/version/2/0/code_of_conduct.html.
This Code of Conduct will be maintained and reviewed by the team listed at the top of the page.